Monday, January 18, 2016

DIY Thomas the Train costume

This is an extremely late post. Back in October I made both my children's Halloween costumes. My daughters was also her cosplay costume for a convention so I made a blog post as i created it. But I never got around to showing my sons. 

I started with a bunch of diaper boxes. If you have a baby or toddler than I'm sure you have a few of these on hand like I did. 


I began to attach boxes and shape the boxes into a train. I hot glued the entire thing together. 


Next came painting. 


Lots & lots of painting 



For the conductor outfit I thrifted him a cute pair of stripped overalls. The hat we already had from a trip to San Antonio (we rode the train there and bought Jasper a hat) and the bandana we already had. 


I wish I had better photos. This was right before I fully completed it, the top isn't attached and I hadn't cleaned up the lines yet. But I couldn't keep my son out of it. I also attached straps with white material and hot glue so he could wear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening now.

Wow! It's been a good minute since I've used my my little writing outlet. How is everyone doing? Life is all kinds of insane, but ...