Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring🌻


So happy to have everything back in balance. Spring is here, wild flowers are blooming, the weather is warming up every passing day, bees are starting to take a notice to me. (I'm allergic guys!) I changed my hair dramaticly and I'm really starting to fall back in love with myself again. Self love is extremely important for everyone, but especially for a mom...a mom of two crazy kids who have declared war on each other. I roll out of bed every morning at 7:15 am looking like Anna from Frozen (not a compliment). Sometimes I get to brush my teeth between ponytails and diaper changes. Maybe I'll put on real clothes to walk my daughter to class that don't have cartoon characters on the pants. After my son throws 90% of his food on the floor, sometimes I even get to enjoy a tiny fraction of my own breakfast before he decided she's hungry again. In between the chaos (and cleaning) there is lots of love, I promise. But you also tend to forget about YOUR own needs. YOU are important too. I AM important. So something like coloring my hair or buying new makeup has me on cloud nine: mom edition. I've been waking up at 7am instead, giving myself 15 extra minutes of me time. I glam myself up, get dressed, style my hair and then sip some coffee before waking the kids. This small step, these simple extra 15 minutes have given me such a pep in my step to say the least. I feel good, super good. I feel beautiful and  I radiate positive vibes because of these new found emotions. I'm complimenting strangers (which is something I'm afraid to do, I'm extremely awkward and shy). But I just feel it and I say it. Even online, I make sure to let all my friends and followers something sweet and personal. Just trying to send a little love their way. Something as simple as a compliment can really make someone's day.  So set yourself some mini goals. If spas are your thing; book an appointment (they're totally not mine, I can't do strangers massaging my body. Just no.) say you need a new do, just go for it, don't think twice about it, want to drink two bottles of wine and go on a Netflix binge? Then put those kids to bed and pop some bottles! You are important, you are beautiful, you are somebody and you do deserve to be happy too. As mothers, we put our heart, soul, blood & sweat into our parenting. We give our all to the point of physical exhaustion. We're kind of kick ass, I know. It blows my mind too. So remember: YOU ARE IMPORTANT TOO. 


XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening now.

Wow! It's been a good minute since I've used my my little writing outlet. How is everyone doing? Life is all kinds of insane, but ...