Monday, May 11, 2015

Churro funnel cake with dark chocolate drizzle

 Today I was craving a churro! My kids have never had one before & momma had an itch to be in the kitchen creating. After starting my recipe I realized my sister had my piping bag- No problem. I just had to improvise. Luckily, momma has also been craving a funnel cake! So I figured I'd put the two together!! 



For the churros batter: 

1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 Tablespoons + 2 quarts vegetable oil, divided
1 cup all-purpose 

Combine 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Set aside. Line a plate with paper towels.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the water, 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar, kosher salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. 

Bring the mixture to a boil then remove it from the heat. Stir in the flour, mixing until it forms a ball.

Heat 3 to 4 inches of vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until it reaches 375ºF. 

Grab your funnel & begin to pour the churro batter into the oil moving in circular motions. 

Let cook until golden brown then transfer to a paper towel & let dry. 

After cooled add cinnamon/sugar to the churro funnel cake. 

& enjoy!


I added a dark chocolate drizzle over mine that completed the taste & made it to die for. Literally, I would of died for this churro cake. 


All you need is 3/4 dark chocolate chips & a splash of almond milk. Mix together over low heat, continuously mixing to avoid burning.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening now.

Wow! It's been a good minute since I've used my my little writing outlet. How is everyone doing? Life is all kinds of insane, but ...