Monday, May 11, 2015

Juicy Juice.




Having two children has me more aware everyday of what I put into their growing bodies. Not everyday is perfect & yeah, sometimes you NEED to make a Starbucks run & grab a few cake pops for breakfast. But most days we're a pretty healthy bunch. I buy locally when available, try to keep to what's in season,  organic & gmo-free. 

Something this family of four goes through ridiculously fast is drinks. My kids love their juice. I'm fairly new to juicing (I just purchased my first Breville juicer back in January) but let me tell you, it's an easy obession. Although honestly, unless you use the pulp  (we use ours in smoothies) it's pretty wasteful. So I limit juicing to only a few times per week.

 This recipe here is my sons favorite. Give or take I'll add kale or spinach for an extra boost. Juicing veggies is by far the best way (again, my personal opinion) for me to get these picky eaters to take in their proper nutrition.  This juice is more fruity & sweet. My kids can throw back a full mason jar as fast as I can hand it to them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening now.

Wow! It's been a good minute since I've used my my little writing outlet. How is everyone doing? Life is all kinds of insane, but ...