Monday, May 11, 2015

Repurposed 3 in 1 console

Driving around during brush pick-up has to be (at times) the most rewarding time for a furniture repurpose self proclaimed "fanatic". 

A couple of weeks ago I came across this beautiful vintage 3 in 1 console. I thought I would hallow it out & repurpose it as a storage center or something along those lines.

After an embarrassing attempt to load it by myself into me SUV, I ended up using a skateboard to help me push it into my garage. (Sorry, no documentation of that)

It took me a few good hours to clean, sand, sanitize & gut this baby. 

I picked this beautiful pastel purple shade from Krylon (about three cans to be exact).I usually always use this brand when repurposing furniture. It has amazing coverage & sits really well. 

After painting my boyfriend helped me clean out the inside and remove the torn speakers. I replaced them with $3 fabric from Joanns. 


After the paint dried & we put the console back together, we hauled it inside (skateboard not included) to test it out. It has AM/FM radio, an A-Track player & a record player. To our surprise EVERYTHING worked. 


And this was our final finished product. 

One last Before & After





No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening now.

Wow! It's been a good minute since I've used my my little writing outlet. How is everyone doing? Life is all kinds of insane, but ...